Double Fire Rated Pocket Door Frame
This fire rated pocket door frame has been designed specifically to allow you to use any 30 minute fire rated doors (FD30 )
The independently fire-tested and certified Pocket Door System - Fire-Rated Double (FD30). Compatible and certified for use with the BIAS Soft-Close Anti-Slam
The Classic Double Fire-rated Pocket Door System uses our high quality, comprehensively tested pocket door frame with specially designed high density fire-resisting jambs and architrave.
Note: The frame is 70mm and requires two layers of 12.5mm fireboard either side to give a finished wall thickness of 120mm.
This system comes supplied with all the necessary intumescent strips required for installation.
Before ordering please refer to the Field of Application Report and your Building Inspector with respect to whether installation of the fully approved self-closing mechanism is required for your application.
Refer to the report below for information on which non-essential hardware (i.e. push plates, kick plates, surface mounted pull handles, recessed pull handles) has been approved for use.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS KIT:
- Galvanised steel frame Strong galvanised steel frame
- Quick-click frame that assembles into a complete unit comprising of full pocket, track and doorpost
- Runners are tested to 100,000 cycles (that’s around 25 years of average use!)
- Extractable track can be extracted without having to break into the wall
- Front and rear door stop can be adjusted to determine how far the door protrudes from the pocket
- Metal anti-warp door profile slots into a channel in underside of door, not visible but ensures that if your door warps it continues to slide smoothly.
- Self centering door guide clicks into frame, doesn't screw into the floor, so it is perfectly centred every time
- Even the screws to attach the plasterboard to the frame are included
- 15 year guarantee on the complete steel pocket system and runners
- Door panel weight max 100kg
- Door thickness 44mm
- Finished wall thickness 120mm (frame size 70mm with 2 layers of 12.5mm fireboard required either side)
- For use with 44mm FD30 timber doors
JAMB KIT :
- The jambs with integrated architrave are manufactured from high density finger jointed oak
- Intumescent strips are required to be fitted to the jambs and to the meeting stiles of the doors. All the intumescents required are supplied
- 44mm FD30 Door and 12.5mm fireboard not included.
- BIAS® Anti slam soft close (2 required if chosen) - Fitting a soft close to a pocket door has the advantage of bringing the door to a close gently and quietly when you slide it closed, but it can still be slammed into the door post if a greater force is used
- Back of the door self-closer (2 needed if required) - self-closing mechanism is an ingenious device, that fixes to the back of the door and allows the door to close by itself, automatically
This FD30 Pocket Door System has been fully tested in the UK by EXOVA Ltd, a laboratory based testing company, and certified by International Fire Consultants Group Ltd to BS476: Part 22:1987. Field of Application Report no. PAR/10057/01 Revision B.
Important: Install at finished floor level.
Before ordering please refer to the Field of Application Report and your Building Inspector with respect to whether installation of the self-closing mechanism is required for your application.
Note: if the self-closing mechanism is required you will need to purchase 2x back of the door self-closers (AUTSAP2).
*Special order item
Our Delivery charge is £35.00 to all mainland UK postcodes (any additional doors will be charged at £10) . Website ordering is only available to Mainland UK. The delivery charge for oversized items such as folding sets and Grand Entrance Doors will be calculated as though these items are multiple doors.
Door furniture will be delivered free with any door order. If you order only door hardware then this will be subject to a £14.99 delivery charge.
Some areas are subject to an additional delivery charges, Including the following Postcodes, PA, DD, PH, KW, AB, IV (please contact us for further details for these areas)
We aim to dispatch all orders within 48 hours, standard delivery is 3- 5 days. We can also offer Next Day Delivery please contact us if you require Next Day Delivery
WE WILL ALWAYS CONTACT YOU TO ARRANGE A DELIVERY DATE before making your delivery";